Friday, March 13, 2009

Off and Running.....

I got up at 5:00 this morning so I would have plenty of time to pack and pick up the house before we leave for the wedding weekend.



I was a little surprised that Matt had not called me yet. He needed to be on the road very early to drive the 2.5 hours to the airport in Grand Junction. He normally calls me when he's on the road. I decided to call him and when he didn't answer, the first thing I said to Irv is, "I hope he didn't oversleep."

About 20 minutes later my phone rang....it was Matt...he overslept!!! My phone call woke him up. Now he was in the car and driving like a mad man to get to the airport so he didn't miss his flight! If he misses that flight, he will miss his connecting flight in Denver. Great way to start the day!

We have been on the phone, checking Mapquest and checking to see if his flight is on time. Tresa is having anxiety attacks fearing that he might miss the wedding, and here I am just smiling and chuckling because that's just the way things seem to happen in our family, and you know what....everything always works out just fine.

So, after he got stopped by the cops for doing 6 mph over the School Speed Zone speed. limit...which he didn't even see....he was back on his way with a warning to slow down...Matt normally doesn't speed. He's a very cautious driver...very layed back and easy going.

He SHOULD make his flight barring any other unforeseen circumstances...keep your fingers crossed. Then he has 40 minutes to get from Gate A66 to Gate A24 at Denver International Airport...the furthest gate possible!

He just called now and said he has a bloody nose! At least he was laughing. He also said when he was trying to fly out the door after oversleeping by not just minutes, but hours....his roommate who has never, ever, ever parked in the driveway...was parked behind him this morning!

Oh, he did comment that he has no idea if he has everything he is supposed to have. There was no time to double check. He said he can see the bag for his suit in the back of the car with 2 hangers sticking out of the top...he just can't remember if he hung the suit on the hangers when he got home from the fancy benefit dinner he was at last night. Lots of champagne he said, which could be the reason he overslept! :)

I am still laughing! Have a wonderful weekend everyone. I know ours is going to be awesome. If I can find a computer tomorrow, I just might pop in to say hello. If not, I'll be back some time on Sunday!

Thanks for all of your good wishes!

8 comments:

KayzKreationz said...

So funny. Hope he makes it alright and everything goes off alright.
http://KayzKreationz.blogspot.com

T.Allen said...

Okay-so how unhealthy is it that I'm leaning into the monitor and my heart is racing and my spidey sense are tingling?! "Matt please check the suit bag!"

My fingers (and toes) are crossed for the perfect outcome!

LiPeony said...

oh geeze sounds perfect for a movie scenario... hope everything goes as planned. Have fun! =D

My Inspired Reality said...

Yes, I do believe that it will all end perfectly well. Enjoy the wedding:) I am so happy for you:):)

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

I am glad you are laughing through that morning....or is that hysterical giggling?! No its the laughter of a wise woman enjoying the world unfold around her.

Mary Richmond said...

hope all goes well! thinking of you ;-)

Lanyardlady said...

He will get there if he has to ride in the back of a truck with a polka band! Enjoy your wonderful weekend!

Angela said...

I hope you do pop in. Did you put your shop on vacation?

Have a great time!

Blog Archive