Thursday, May 14, 2009

Smile...

Since I embarrassed Irv the other day with the story about the giant green pepper, I thought I would embarrass myself today.

When I was pregnant with Matthew, I gained...oh, about 45 pounds! I was pretty thin back then, so 45 pounds made me look like the Goodyear Blimp! One day we were all sitting in the living room and I got up to open the front door. The door would occasionally stick, so I gave a good yank on the door knob, and it came off right in my hand!

I went flying backwards, door knob still in hand and I bounced across the living room floor on my butt! You could have heard a pin drop in the room. Everyone had this shocked look on their faces, but no one moved or said a word. Then they just couldn't hold it in any longer and started laughing, and as they were laughing hysterically, managed a little, "Are you okay?"

I was fine...just my pride was hurt, but I imagine the site of this whale of a woman, bouncing across the floor on her butt with a door knob in her hand must have been quite a site!

3 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

i'm smiling just thinking of it! thank goodness mom and baby were OK!

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

I must admit that was my thought, too. Sometimes laughter covers up relief....

MamaCta! said...

Im laughing just picturing such a scene! Hilarious!
My sister and I lived together in our college days. We had a "papasan" style chair that rested in a base. One night I plopped down in it and the thing flipped me over and upside down, and trapped me against the sliding glass door it was next to. My sister fell off the couch laughing so hard at me. We still laugh about it, nearly 20 years later!

Blog Archive