Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just Do It!

Have you ever tried Yoga? I have always been intrigued with it. It just looked so calming...the way they went from pose to pose...it just flowed so smoothly. I started doing a little Yoga many years ago. Then I quit which is what I usually do. Then I bought two more Yoga DVDs, did one of them for a little while and then quit again.

I am happy to say that I have been doing Yoga regularly for two full months now and I feel awesome. I know it is the perfect workout for me. That and walking on the treadmill. I know some people hate treadmill walking, but I love it!

My sister loves her recumbent bike. She rides about five miles a day on it.

I know people that love going to the gym.

There are some women in my office that are doing Weight Watchers right now. They were talking about how much weight they have lost yesterday and they were so excited. I was so happy for them.

I think it's important when we decide to take charge of our health, that we find the program that works the best for us. If we find something we really enjoy doing, I think we are more apt to stick with it.

What kind of program do you like best? Healthy eating? Exercise? What type of exercise do you like?

12 comments:

Sherry said...

It's so great there are so many options. My favorite thing in the world is to ride my bike, outside. But from Nov. to March, I can't.

So, I ride at the gym and mix that up with the treadmill and erg. I also lift weights.I love how that feels.

I too have tried, not successfully to do yoga. I may just try again.
Thanks.

xoSherry

Kittie Howard said...

Gardening and fast walking. Definitely!

Oklahoma Granny said...

I like to walk.

Cathryn said...

I'm into healthy eating and walking right now. That's the mode that keeps me going.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy yoga--I practice it once a week and have done so for almost a DECADE! It really maintains flexibility. And then, you know, there's the cross-country skiing, karate and running... I know what you're thinking. "Hyper much?" Yeah, I am.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. We love doing Yoga and I do it 4 days a week and it keeps me calm.

Ms Sparrow said...

I'm too stiff to get down on the floor and too unmotivated to do exercizes to a DVD. I joined Curves a month ago with my orthopedist's approval. With my insurance, I have to go at least 3 times a week to get the cost covered. This keeps me going, even though I don't much enjoy it. I do enjoy feeling like I'm doing something healthy for myself though!

Mary Richmond said...

i walk a lot but am not a big fan of a lot of exercise programs. i did some work for the local y this fall and got a family membership for my husband and myself as part of the pay so we've been pretty good about going. i do some treadmill walking if the weather isn't great (i'll walk in anything but ice!) and the machines and am taking some of the free classes. just started pilates for beginnners and i think i love it! i do a little yoga but haven't really stuck with it and i'm going to start doing some beginner aerobics....i also just started ice skating again with my daughters and grandchildren. after getting over the immediate fear of falling and cracking my head open i had a blast and am trying to do that at least once a week. so i'm trying but some days it's tough!

Lanyardlady said...

Walking and talking.

Beth Anderson said...

Kathy - how do you do it????

Anyway, I do eat pretty healthy and I walk 9 months of the year.
I also take the stairs all the time in public buildings and never take elevators, just for the exercise. At work I'm on the 3rd floor and think I only took the elevator when I had my interview and did not have a choice!

Angela said...

Weight Watchers is the only thing that keeps me from eating too much food!

I love to walk and I really do love Yoga (when I do it) Yoga just makes me feel all loose and my bones feel better when I do it!

jdavissquared said...

I love yoga, but haven't been able to do it for a while...videos just don't seem to cut it for me, and the classes are too expensive!
I also love running and am learning to enjoy weightlifting too!

Blog Archive