Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sailing on The Tall Ship Manitou

Our first sailing experience was certainly one to remember. We set out at 3:00 p. m. and returned at 5:00 p.m. The captain was a very pleasant guy and his 2 girl and 2 guy crew of 20 somethings was fabulous. Those kids worked their butts off to show us a great time aboard their ship.

We were allowed to go "below" so we could see what things looked like....the crew actually lives on the ship. I must say that isn't something I could do after seeing their "beds", but what an experience for these young people.

It was a beautiful day and as we were sailing across the bay....I thought about how awesome it would be to just lay on the deck with my eyes closed and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine as the wind and the sails take me to far off lands.

Enjoy the cruise.......
























Make it a beautiful day for yourself.......

9 comments:

Silke Powers said...

Fun, fun, fun!!! So glad you are having a great time!! Love, Silke

Pat said...

So glad you're having such a wonderful time! I can't imagine living on the ship though.

Oklahoma Granny said...

I can almost smell the sea breeze now. What an incredible experience! I'm liking that cook stove on the ship - the beds, no so much.

Ms Sparrow said...

What a lovely vacation!

Anonymous said...

How cool! that stove kind of intimidates, though.

Lanyardlady said...

What a great way to spend two hours, or a whole summer. Your photos are super.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Okay, that was FABULOUS!!!! Maybe not those tiny bunk beds, but the sailing part--- Ahhhh!

Enjoy,
jj

Cathryn said...

Love your photos! The way you showed them made a perfect story--I could feel the seaspray and the taste the water...Wonderful Kathy!

Niki said...

I've never been sailing, but a friend of mine just went for the first time. He said it was like flying a kite, but for adults, in the sense of the wind pulling you along. It made me really want to try it, and now your pics make me feel that even more!

Blog Archive