Friday, January 23, 2009

Why Can't I Ever Find The Great Deals?

Well, I just got back from the mall. It's a really nice outdoor type mall with really great stores. I have a couple of pairs of black pants so I just wanted two tops....one that I could wear to our shower Sunday and then one that I could wear to Chris's family's shower next month. Tresa went shopping on her lunch hour yesterday and found a cardigan sweater for $11.00 and a blouse for $6.00. I was hoping to find some really great deals.

Those of you that follow my blog know that I do not like to shop. When I need something and have to go shopping, I never find anything. When everyone else, like Tresa, tell me they found all these great deals, I never find any.

Tresa finds good deals because she wears these tiny little baby sizes. You know, when you go to the sale rack and the whole thing is size small or x-small. That's Tresa. I love it when you go to the sale rack and it's packed with stuff in your size, but there are 40 of everything you look at. That tends to mean that no one bought them.....uh.....why is that? Either the neck hole is too small to fit your head through it or the sleeves are a foot too long! Does that ever happen to you?

I went into this tonight with a really great attitude. I knew I would find the two things I needed. I was even considering buying a dress for the shower next month....I can't believe I even considered that...but if I had found a great dress for really cheap...like the $20 one Tresa found last week....I would buy it!

Well I went into Banana Republic first. They have amazing sales. Hmmmmm....nothing really knocked my socks off. So, no luck at Banana. Next, I tried J Crew and then Ann Taylor. They had a lot of great looking clothes, but not much on sale and I really didn't want to pay $80 for one top.

Getting a little concerned, I went into J Jill. I never shop at J Jill because it's out of my budget, but I actually ended up finding a really cute top for the shower this Sunday. It was not on sale, but at this point $50 didn't sound too bad, so I bought it.

It's really cute. It has a couple shades of grey with some black and pink. It has the high waist that reminds me of a maternity top and 3/4 length sleeves. It'll look great with the black cuffed slacks I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I did not find anything for the shower next month, but I still have time. Once we get our shower done Sunday, then I will head out and find something to wear to that one and find shoes and jewelry for the wedding, and a suit, shirt, tie and shoes for Irv!

Getting ready for the wedding would be so darn much fun if it just didn't entail all of this shopping!

1 comment:

Lanyardlady said...

Glad you found something! I hate to shop too. If you're a plus size woman, not only do they never have much that's your size, everything that is your size is in colors and patterns large enough to be seen from outer space. If could design clothes I would create a line of plus size garments that are tasteful, sophisticated, and affordable. Why hasn't anyone done that?

Blog Archive