Monday, December 21, 2009

I Feel Like I Am Back In Kindergarten.....

and it's Show and Tell time!! Here is what I want to share with you today.....

Irv and I did a fine job at the grocery store on Sunday. We had to put one of the seats down in the Prius to get it all in! All I can say is that people better be very hungry when they are here.


Remember the cute little candle holders I bought at IKEA for 49 cents each? Here is what I did with some of them.

I LOVE hot chocolate in the winter. I bought some of the little individual packages and put them out on the table for whoever might want some this week. I also included goodies that Irv got as gifts last week....candied pecans, fudge and chocolate covered pretzels. I'll add some cookies when they are done and I will also put out some holiday tea bags and then people can just make want they want and enjoy....and I won't forget the FLUFF!

Here is what I did with all of the little old ornaments that I didn't hang on the tree. Bern already checked them all out when she was here Saturday. She loved the idea.

Many, many years ago we had some friends that lived across the street from us. They moved to Mississippi...but one year when they were out Christmas shopping they came across this hard cover book. It isn't one of those books you have made to include people's names....this is a honest to goodness book....and yes, Kroll is our last name! Isn't that awesome? I display it every year.

My shopping is done, the gifts are all wrapped, the house is clean and now all I can do is wait.......

Are you ready?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the book! I want one!

Great idea with the ornaments. I might try that next year.

Cathryn said...

I like that book! Am I ready? Not quite...getting there but not quite there. Thought about how pride goeth before a fall--I forgot stocking stuffers!

Unknown said...

I like the pinecones and candles on the window ledge. Not quite ready, but getting there! Trying not to stress!

Have a blessed Christmas, Kathy!

Nancy

T.Allen said...

Christmas and childbirth...is ome ever quite ready?! *Laughs* I'm ready mentally-which is the best thing for me...the rest will fall into place! Your set up looks beautiful and inviting. Happy holidays, Kathy!

Matty said...

You really do get into the holiday spirit. I'm almost done here. Just have to finish up some odds and ends.

Merry Christmas.

Ms Sparrow said...

You've done all that AND your house is clean! You are Wonder Woman. I love the window sill arrangement with the pine cones.
Very creative!

Lanyardlady said...

Such cute touches for the holiday to make your home warm and inviting! We're having a cookie marathon today so I couldn't be happier listening to Christmas music and spending time with my daughter.

DUTA said...

You're Superwoman, Christmas Woman of the Year!

I like ,in particular, the picture with the groceries in the back of the car, and the one with the pinecones and Ikea candle holders on the window sill.

Well Done!

Angela said...

No! I am not ready! I still have to do all the things you just listed and finish shopping and finish cleaning the house! Where did December go?

Kittie Howard said...

Love your book...what a fabulous find! Great idea with Ikea candle holders...actually, lots of great ideas. But the packed car is the best...lots of love there. Merry Christmas!

gayle said...

Love your idea about the hot chocolate and the ornaments!!!

Blog Archive