Sunday, March 28, 2010

Well Worth The Wait

For my birthday last fall, Tresa gave me the most awesome gift. We had been at an antique market and I fell in love with the typewriter key bracelets. Well lo and behold when I opened my birthday card from her, there was a gift certificate for the bracelet of my choice.

I thought long and hard about what I wanted it to say...in fact, it really took me a while. I wanted it to have special meaning to me, so I decided on The Power of Now...the life altering book I read last year by Eckhart Tolle. Tresa ordered the bracelet and after a while, the lady got back to her and said that my phrase would make the bracelet too long...unless I had large wrists. I don't, so I had to start thinking again.

After a while I decided on TPON. I didn't care if other people understood it. I did and that was all that mattered. The lady said fine. Tresa sent the check and after a long while, the lady said she didn't get it. Tresa sent another check and after a long while, the lady said she never got it. They checked the address and it was correct. Tresa sent one last check and finally the lady got it. You have to love the Chicago Post Office!

Well, we waited for the bracelet and we waited and we waited. Tresa questioned when it was coming and the lady said she broke her wrist and wasn't able to make any bracelets right now! At this point, the whole thing was very laughable. So, once again we waited and waited and waited.

Guess what? Tresa finally got the bracelet a few weeks ago. She said she would bring it when we got together at Michael and Bernadette's the beginning of March! I was so excited. I could wait to see it. Guess what? She forgot to give it to me!

I am happy to report that at breakfast yesterday, I received my wonderful birthday gift! Here it is...my awesome typewriter key bracelet! I just love it!


I took some pictures of our shopping trip yesterday. I'll post them soon. Make it a fabulous day today and do something really nice for yourself! You deserve it.

7 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Great bracelet! Thank goodness you finally got it. Won't it be great to have that constant source of inspiration and support around your wrist?

kanishk said...

It's worth a try. Have fun at the baby store!
free internet jobs

Oklahoma Granny said...

What a great bracelet. I've never seen anything like it before. Well worth the wait!

Teresa said...

So funny! That sounds like some of the things my best friend and I do. We have great intentions and then find that little things sidetrack us.

Great looking bracelet!

Silke Powers said...

Oh, this is a beautiful bracelet and I totally understand that you want to be reminded of The Power of Now. What a wonderful book!! Love, Silke

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. And I adore those typewriter keys on jewelry. Very funky and stylish!

gayle said...

Love your bracelet!!

Blog Archive