Thursday, June 17, 2010

I Need A Break

I stopped into Pickles on Pizza's blog today and there it was.....Angela said what I have been wanting to say......she said, "I am not in the mood to blog!" I totally understand. Have you ever felt that way?

I have so many things going on right now. Blogging the way I like to blog takes a lot of time, and I just don't have the time right now.

I am super busy at work and when I get home, I'm actually tired. I want to sit and chill out, eat dinner and then sit and chill out some more....or work on other things I need to work on.

I am starting to make things for Tresa's baby shower, and it's so much fun...but it also takes time.

I am trying to restock FourDogDay and that is very time consuming. I love making the things, but there is so much more to it than just that.

I had another health scare and I am waiting for biopsy results again. I had to have a D & C and once the results come back...I will write about it. Things look good, but we'll talk about it when I know for sure.

It's summer....I want to help Irv with the yard. In fact, I promised him I would and I never break promises.

We leave on our mini vacation soon and I haven't even thought about what I need or want to take or what we really are going to do when we get there.

Do you see what I mean?

So, if you don't see a post from me every single day...know that I am here. In fact, I'm probably reading all of your blogs...I just might not be commenting as often. I just need a little extra time to get some other things done and to enjoy the summer.

I'll be thinking about you each and every day, and knowing me...it will be a short break. No, I'm not having a melt down, I'm really quite cool and calm.....I just need a break and I am giving myself permission to take one! HAHA!


17 comments:

Pat said...

Certainly understand that...I don't post everyday. Sometimes because of time restraints and sometimes because I can't think of something to say. Go have a good time!

Sherry said...

It's the summer slowdown, It's hit us all. It's perfectly fine and you'll write when the moment is right.

Hope everything is ok.

xoSherry

Anonymous said...

That's why I take weekends off from the blogosphere. Balance. It's good!
Take care--I'm glad you're having fun making new things.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I have found that writing 2-3 times a week and posting a Wordless Wednesday photo works for me and keeps me connected. I still read every day and comment.

Take the time you need and I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Cathryn said...

I understand the time constraints. I'm needing to complete two baby gifts, finish up some beading projects, work on next semester's classes, and the list goes on...

Some days, all I have time to do is read everyone's blogs. Other days, I post but don't have time to read. I've given myself permission to be a little bit more relaxed so I can spend time with my husband, the cats, and my gardens.

Muna's Treasures said...

been there and totally understand. i am only now coming back to this blog after taking some time off and am probably closing down the other one...i'll keep the nature one up but even that is too much right now...good luck with everything!

jdavissquared said...

TOTALLY understand! Enjoy your break, and come back when you're ready! ;)

Oklahoma Granny said...

I so understand. Summer is a busy time for everyone. I'll be here whenever you have time to post.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Been there...felt that way....i usually take the weekend off when i'm in a blogging slump.....

Enjoy

Teresa said...

totally understand. in fact, i have these great thoughts in my head and then when i sit down to write them out, i think nah, i'll do it later and post something else, or just read and not post at all.

enjoy your break!

gayle said...

I read everyday and try to comment too........but I never post everyday! Just do what is best for you!! We are here for you!! I am going on vacation next week and probably will not even take our computer!! But if I do, I think I will just set aside a certain amount of time say 30 minutes or an hour to be on it and that will probably be at the end of the day.

Angela said...

Oh I am glad you added the part about "not having a meltdown" I should have added that too :) I just want to relax and enjoy for a bit-

it has been nice!

Mulchandmore said...

I'm a very sporatic poster so can understand completely. Even when I think I have something to say I don't always take the time to post. Enjoy

Joanna Jenkins said...

Not to worry-- Posting every day is A LOT of work (and something I've never been able to manage). Timeout and balance are good things.

Hope your health scare resolves itself easily and soon.

RELAX!
jj

Matty said...

I can't remember the last time I posted. I'm in a blogging slump. Take a breather, step back and relax. Enjoy.

Kat said...

It has been nearly a month since my last blog and I could use all the same reasons you gave. And I am not in the mood. I have been very busy with family things.
I still follow your blog, no matter.

DUTA said...

You definitely need a little break from blogging. Blogging takes a lot of time: it's posting, reading people's stuff, commenting. During summertime we are also more outdoors than indoors, so naturally it becomes a bit difficult to keep up with it.
Anyway, whatever you decide to do,have a wonderful time!

Blog Archive