Saturday, August 28, 2010

Another Fun Day

It's 9:15 p.m. and I am getting ready for bed. We are getting up at 4:00 a.m. to be at a big flea market when it opens at 6:00. Why in heaven's name would they open at 6:00 a.m.? That is a rotten thing to do to people on a Sunday.....but we will be there!

Today Tresa and I met at Starbucks for a drink and some oatmeal. Then we headed over to Buy Buy Baby and to Babies R Us. I've never seen so many women in so many stages of pregnancy in one place before. It was pretty funny.

There were a number of things she needed, including an outfit to bring little boy home from the hospital in. Take a look at this......

and how about these?

We also went to some fabric stores. I am going to make some wall hangings for baby boy. They will be fabric covered wood boxes...like I use for my clocks. I will make two 12 inch by 24 inch ones in this awesome animal print, and then two 12 inch square ones...one in the dark blue and one in brown. We will hang them in a rectangle shape. I think it's going to be really cute and I'll show them to you when I get them done.

Then we also bought fabric so I can make two nursing covers. Have you ever seen or heard of those? They rank right up there with all of the other expensive things that we never had when we were having children that everyone thinks they need now. Tresa wanted a couple, so of course mommy is going to make them for her. Here are the two fabrics she picked. Aren't they great? I'm actually anxious to start on them when we get home tomorrow.

I have been so busy looking for treasures for Four Dog Vintage and then cleaning and photographing them and listing them in our shop that I really don't have time for much else. Once I get enough things listed I will be able to slow down just a bit. We are having a lot of fun and learning so much about vintage stuff.

Irv was having fun too until I told him we have to get up at 4:00 tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you. Have a great day tomorrow and do something really nice for yourself and for someone else!

7 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

I wish I could wear those shoes. Love the fabrics; can't wait to see what you make.

Angela said...

Cute!! Another person on a blog I follow bought that same owl fabric a couple of days ago to make a camera strap cover - It is SO cute!

The wall hanging sounds neat and I think I have it pictured the right way but can't wait to see it finished. I like the little animals- and those shoes -aw wee!

Bluebell said...

Enjoy the fleamarket, buy some lovely things to show us. I used to work at Toys.R.Us and I was chosen with another girl to start Babies R Us in the U.K. our store was a big onein Leicester and we were given a part of the store which was made over to house all the baby items.It had been tried before in a store near London but had not worked, so we decided to make a go of it by giving the best customer service we could offer. Well it took off like a rocket and after six months they started to open Babies R Us in all the stores in the UK, now they have seperate shops opening, I am quite proud of that achievement.How much longer before baby arrives.
Love Jillxx

Kat said...

All the fabrics are so cute. Yes, there are so many things out there now, that we not even thought of in our age of having children. Can you imagine babies before disposable diapers? Yep, I can.

T.Allen said...

Baby shopping is so much fun, while I miss those days...I'm not yearning for them any time soon as the parent of a way-too-young-for-his-own-family adult!

Good luck with your vintage scores, think of me whenever you see ornate brass bowls-I loves them!

Teresa said...

love those shoes! i think i'd like to wear them, too.

i bet your wall hangings are going to be adorable.

Oklahoma Granny said...

The baby shoes are just darling! I can just picture the wall hanging you'll be making. It's going to be great.

Blog Archive