Sunday, September 5, 2010

So How Are Things?

I know...I am so MIA right now. I just have so much going on that by the time I sit down and would have a minute to blog....I'm too tired. So tonight I turned off the lights in the workshop early, grabbed my lap top and headed to bed. I have a number of things to tell you so I think I will have to do it over a few days. No, the baby isn't here yet, but it sure is getting close. He is due the 23rd. Tresa is just exhausted this weekend. Everything she does leaves her just drained. They went to the zoo today and all she could managed was an hour. Well, the good thing is that we know he will make his debut eventually...hopefully soon.

Next, I have to thank Angela of Pickles on Pizza...she has been so kind and so helpful with sharing her knowledge of vintage with us. I don't know what I would do without her. Irv and I are learning a lot thanks to her and her highly successful shop. We found a couple more things yesterday when we were out treasure hunting. We are learning what to spend our money on and what not to spend our money on. We still only have one little sale, but we are slowly getting the hang of it. We made lots of mistakes at first and I'm sure we will make many more, but it's all starting to make a bit more sense, so thanks Angela.

Do you sell or shop on e-bay? We don't....but we will be. I don't want this post to be too long, so I will tell you about the Shell Gasoline sign another day. It's a fun story with what will hopefully be a very profitable ending. I'll fill you in soon.

I have fallen off the exercise wagon again, and it's all because I am so addicted to Four Dog Vintage right now. It's all I can think about. I am actually working out a schedule to get myself back on track. I was doing really well and I don't want that to change. I have to figure out a way to balance working out, making healthy meals, walking and etsy around my full time job. I can do it. I just need to think it out. What do you do when you have more things to do in a day than there are hours in that day and it isn't just one's every day? Any suggestions?

We finally have over 50 items in our vintage shop. I put in a lot of hours today to get some of our new things in. Here is the listing for that darling little antique toaster......

and I am so in love with this bowl!

My goal is to get too 100 items....we will get there some time this fall.

Michael and Bernadette have been working many, many twelve hour days since the start of school. Sometimes people don't realize how hard teachers really do work and the hours they put in. Thank goodness there are people willing to do that. I appreciate each and every one of you!

Matt is still training for the Chicago Marathon on October 10. He ran 18 miles yesterday morning! Bless his heart. I can't run one mile!

So....that's about it from here. I hope you are all well. I will try to check in with you during the week. Make it a safe and wonderful holiday tomorrow!


Lanyardlady said...

Been wondering how mom-to-be and baby are doing. Just a matter of days exciting! Glad our vintage shop is going well. Angela is an amazing resource. She should have her own reality show. As for the daily balancing act, I try to make jewelry when the creative muse sits on my shoulder. Other days I do less fun things. Good luck with everything.

Oklahoma Granny said...

It won't be long now before that sweet little one will enter the world. I know you must be sitting on pins and needles just waiting for his arrival. Blessings to you all.

Nancy said...

Wow, you have been busy. I can't wait for the baby to get here. It will be so fun to see pics! You're doing so well with the vintage shop. That toaster is very cool. I'm still plugging away at the packing,etc. Moving can't come too soon...I'm too excited!!


Angela said...

I can't wait to see the baby!! He will be here before you know it!

I am addicted to the vintage thing too. I don't even go to my other shop anymore :) I just love to learn about all this stuff- it is just so interesting to me.

As far as a schedule...mine is all mixed up and I pack most of my boxes while I am at work between customers! I just put my stuff in the car on shipping days and drive it to work. I get boxes when we empty one of them and pack little by little all day long. Then, I load it all back in my car and drive to the post office. I hate packing boxes the most and really need to figure out a better system. I am kind of thinking about taking one night to pack everything up and label it- when it sells, it is ready to go!

Bluebell said...

Your life is so full of good things at the moment and it's fun to be stretched and challenged, I bet you sleep well. I am looking forward to hearing the baby has arrrived safe and sound, we are off on our travels around britain in the caravan on Saturday and I am thinking Tresa will have produced by the time we get back. Enjoy all your lovely happenings Lifes so good.
Love Jillx

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hey Kathy, Just came from your vintage shop-- It looks fabulous! THe photos are all so well done and it's inviting to visit! Keep up the great job.

Hopefully the baby will come sooner than later. It sounds like Mama is more than ready. I hope it's a fast and easy labor. Then bring on the baby pictures!!!!

When I'm "good" about working out I make it the very first thing I do before I start anything else, otherwise I'll never to get to it.

Hang in there! xo jj

Tins and Treasures said...

Hi, Kathy,
I am trying to get caught up here sound really busy.

Ok...I want the baby to. be. born. on the 23rd. That is my mom's birthday and she will be 90 years old. I would feel like we were all related if that happened!!

Anyway, have a great weekend. I'm checking in...even if I don't have time to type a comment...

Blog Archive