Monday, March 2, 2009

Marvelous Music Monday

Did you ever love a song so much that you could listen to it over and over and over again? Of course as a kid there were many...Bobby's Girl, Do Wah Ditty Ditty...but back then they were records and you can tell the ones I loved because they are so worn they look white!

Are there any songs that just touch you so deeply that you kind of can't believe that it makes you feel the way it does?

Back on November 25, 2008, I talked about listening to Pandora when I am at work. If you want to read that post, click here. I listen to Pandora at work because it gives me a variety of music without the ridiculous DJs.

Once in a while while I am listening to Pandora a song will pop up that is THAT song for me. The one that just blows me away. I was like that with Dave Matthews #41. I could just listen to that song 100 times a day and never get tired of it. The song that I can't get enough of right now is "Over The Rainbow/Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. I had never hear of this musician before and I had never heard this song before. I believe it's on the soundtrack to the movie Finding Forrester.

Israel "IZ" was born in Hawaii. Sadly, he died at the very young age of 38 due to complications of obesity. Click here to read about his life. His voice is just so gentle sounding and the lyrics to these old songs are so simple, yet so meaningful.

Enjoy this amazing song and have a great day!


4 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Music is so important in my life and feeds my creativity. I don't have one song, but I could listen to anything by Allison Krauss over and over again!

My Inspired Reality said...

Kathy, I love Iz. Hubby and I got to love Hawaiian music during our stay in Kona. Check out the Makaha Sons. Iz used to sing with this band and many of their songs are simply wonderful:)

Angela said...

I heard that version of the song on "John and Kate" one night and I just loved it.

Unknown said...

Music really gets me inspired too. It gets me moving and grooving so that I can feel the art come out of my fingertips!
btw, thank you so very much for the touching comment you left on my blog. It really helped to put my thoughts in order.

Blog Archive