Sunday, April 5, 2009

Business Cards that Mean Business

I am in the process of putting together new business cards and I am stuck! I have two etsy shops and I really do not want two separate business cards. How do I have one card that includes information about both FourDogDay and MyOtherShop? The shops are nothing alike. Is that even possible to do? Can I do a two-sided card that looks like a business card on both sides? I don't have time today to do all of the research, but I guess I will need to do that this week.

What do you do if you have two or more shops? How do you make your business card work for you? This is the one I did through Vista when I first started.


It's cute, but it was just one of their templates and that isn't what I want this time around. I want this next one to look like my banners. I did convo Kittylili that does my banners and things for me since I am so computer illiterate, and asked her if she designs business cards. She is really easy to work with and her prices have always been very good. We'll see what she says.

So, what would you do? I'm open to any and all suggestions....

5 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Hmmm..a challenge. You could make your name and title (such as proprietor) the center focus of the card and then do one shop name above and one below. I've seen double-sided biz cards as well and they are eye-catching, especially if the design and colors are different. Or one side is horizontal format and the other is vertical.

LiPeony said...

Ah I know that feeling... I have two shops too and wanted one card. My thought at first was do two cards double sided on one card... that usually costs more so I combined my two shops onto one card. I made a logo for my origami shop Meekiyua and used the print in my art shop of her dreaming and replaced it so it was like she was dreaming of origami. I put both shop urls and my gmail on it. Erf I have to get a picture up...

if there's an underlying them to both try to roll on that. Both of mine I use the thought of "imaginary world of art and origami" as the tying phrase to both shops.

Angela said...

I think a double sided business card is a great idea! I think that is the way to go.

I use a company called "My Mini Cards" You can put pictures of your products right on the card. I love mine!

LiPeony said...

I'm dopey today... my business card design is the banner of my blog.. DUH! oyes...

LeelaBijou said...

I think the same way of Angela, the result can be very cool!

I use moo.com to print them and you can use photos of your products, which is interesting. I hope this helps :)

Blog Archive