Thursday, May 7, 2009

Beyond Happy

Do you ever days where you just feel outright awesome? I'm talking about emotionally...you get up and you feel so good that your step feels lighter, you find yourself smiling for no particular reason....today was one of those days for me. Around 9:00 this morning I even stopped and asked myself, "Why the heck are you so happy today?" Since I talk to myself a lot, I even answered back saying, "I have no idea!"

I am a very positive and upbeat person and I am happy most days, but there are days that just feel different, and those days seem to be happening more and more often for me.

I feel at peace, clear headed, and so comfortable that it's almost like...wow, do I deserve to feel this good?

I have been trying for a while now to learn to live a calmer and more peaceful life, so maybe it is working in ways I had not expected.

I am a happy person, but I am also "wired" and overly anal as my children say. I never sit still and have to doing something or more than one something all the time.

I mentioned before that I started forcing myself out of my workshop by 9:00 p.m. so I can lay in bed with a book, a Sudoku puzzle or paper and pen. That has been transforming for me, and now I don't have to force myself any more, I look forward to it.

I've pretty much given up on T.V. as well. I got tired of all of the violence that saturates the airwaves. I'm actually down to two shows, American Idol and The Amazing Race along with some Cubs games and occasionally some golf if Tiger is doing well, and that's it.

I really think the changes I've made are allowing me to really be me, and I think that is what's bringing days of unexplained joy.

We are all here inside our bodies...it's just a matter of clearing out what we don't need and allowing ourselves to just "be".

Thank you Eckhart for some lessons learned!

3 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Hurray for you, Kathy! I felt the same way after I stopped checking office e-mail at all hours of the evening. We have to make time to nourish our bodies and our souls, and a woman who is as busy as you are needs extra "soul vitamins"!

Ali said...

I love your blog! And I think your Wrigley needs to meet my Sprite,
spritethedog.blogspot.com

You will see why!!! LOL

aliceinparis said...

I love the idea of "soul vitamins" :))
So glad you are feeling so great, it is the simple things that can give us great joy!

Blog Archive