Friday, November 20, 2009

I Love Socks

Yes, I do! I wear socks with just about everything I can wear them with and even some things I probably shouldn't wear them with....like yesterday. I had on a pair of black cuffed slacks and a gray striped sweater AND my pink, gray and black argyle knee socks from the Gap!

I will dig deep into my messy sock drawer daily until I find a pair of socks that works with what I am wearing that day, and I don't like nylon knee highs. They feel awful in your shoes. I want socks!


I have solid socks, striped socks, tweedy socks and argyle socks, Santa socks, Halloween socks, knee socks, boot socks, white socks, black socks, green socks.....you get the picture.


I am a bit distraught right now because 1) last spring I tossed a couple pairs of my favorite shoes because they were literally falling apart and they felt so good with socks and I haven't replaced them yet and 2) I have a number of pairs of socks that are getting very thin in the heel and a pair that has holes and darn it....they don't feel good when you try to sew them up!

So, here is the plan:

Dear Santa,

I have been a really, really good girl this year. Pleeeeeease, leave me some new socks this Christmas!

Love,

Kathy

7 comments:

Cathryn said...

Most women ask Santa for diamonds, furs, or other jewels. There are a few that beg for kitchen appliances, fancy vacations, or new vehicles. But you take the cake, my friend, with your desire for socks!

Cute post! LOL

Anonymous said...

I hope he socks it to ya! Those are some awesome socks. And I'm with you on nylon. Ick.

Oklahoma Granny said...

I love socks too! I had a pair of Halloween socks once that I loved so much I wore them straight thru Christmas. They had ghosts on them so I thought they worked thru Christmas - you know - the Ghost of Christmas Past, Present and Future? LOL! Do you know Little Mismatched Socks? If not, here's a link: http://www.littlemissmatched.com/
They feel so good to me.

Lanyardlady said...

Nothing is more comforting than a cozy pair of socks. And I firmly believe they help keep you healthier by keeping toes dry and warm.

Amy said...

I love cute socks, too!! And that is so cool that you have socks on your Christmas list when most people would be disappointed to get them for a gift!

Matty said...

I could be wrong, but from the tone of this post, I get the impression that you like socks. Maybe it's just me.

But I am becoming suspicious of you. I'm always losing a sock in the laundry, and you like socks. Not that I'm accusing you of anything. It just makes me wonder.

Hmmmmmmm.

DUTA said...

Well, it seems we have a common love - socks. I like them black when going out and of any color and design when inside home.

My Mom used to say that good health begins from well protected feet, and I think she was right.

Blog Archive