Friday, November 20, 2009

I Love Socks

Yes, I do! I wear socks with just about everything I can wear them with and even some things I probably shouldn't wear them with....like yesterday. I had on a pair of black cuffed slacks and a gray striped sweater AND my pink, gray and black argyle knee socks from the Gap!

I will dig deep into my messy sock drawer daily until I find a pair of socks that works with what I am wearing that day, and I don't like nylon knee highs. They feel awful in your shoes. I want socks!


I have solid socks, striped socks, tweedy socks and argyle socks, Santa socks, Halloween socks, knee socks, boot socks, white socks, black socks, green socks.....you get the picture.


I am a bit distraught right now because 1) last spring I tossed a couple pairs of my favorite shoes because they were literally falling apart and they felt so good with socks and I haven't replaced them yet and 2) I have a number of pairs of socks that are getting very thin in the heel and a pair that has holes and darn it....they don't feel good when you try to sew them up!

So, here is the plan:

Dear Santa,

I have been a really, really good girl this year. Pleeeeeease, leave me some new socks this Christmas!

Love,

Kathy

7 comments:

Cathryn said...

Most women ask Santa for diamonds, furs, or other jewels. There are a few that beg for kitchen appliances, fancy vacations, or new vehicles. But you take the cake, my friend, with your desire for socks!

Cute post! LOL

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

I hope he socks it to ya! Those are some awesome socks. And I'm with you on nylon. Ick.

Oklahoma Granny said...

I love socks too! I had a pair of Halloween socks once that I loved so much I wore them straight thru Christmas. They had ghosts on them so I thought they worked thru Christmas - you know - the Ghost of Christmas Past, Present and Future? LOL! Do you know Little Mismatched Socks? If not, here's a link: http://www.littlemissmatched.com/
They feel so good to me.

Lanyardlady said...

Nothing is more comforting than a cozy pair of socks. And I firmly believe they help keep you healthier by keeping toes dry and warm.

PonderandStitch said...

I love cute socks, too!! And that is so cool that you have socks on your Christmas list when most people would be disappointed to get them for a gift!

Matty said...

I could be wrong, but from the tone of this post, I get the impression that you like socks. Maybe it's just me.

But I am becoming suspicious of you. I'm always losing a sock in the laundry, and you like socks. Not that I'm accusing you of anything. It just makes me wonder.

Hmmmmmmm.

DUTA said...

Well, it seems we have a common love - socks. I like them black when going out and of any color and design when inside home.

My Mom used to say that good health begins from well protected feet, and I think she was right.

Blog Archive