Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shake, Rattle and Roll....

Well, I have a working computer. It isn't mine, but it works. If you read my blog yesterday, you know that my old Dell croaked on me yesterday morning. Michael had given us his old Dell desktop and we've been trying to connect it in the basement for Irv to play around on...and haven't been able to get it working. On my way home from work yesterday...I thought.....what if we brought up Michael's computer tower and hooked it up in my workshop. Well, I did it and it is working....for now. I still have to get someone to try to fix mine, but until then at least I can check e-mail and blog and stuff.

Yes, we had an 3.8 earthquake Wednesday morning at 4:03 a.m. I was sound asleep and I woke up to this really loud, loud noise. We were suppose to have very strong winds, so at first I thought it was that....but then the house started shaking and the utility wires on the outside of the house were banging against the house and the TV on the dresser started rattling. It was a bit creepy. It didn't last very long and then it was gone.

Sparky woke up and decided she needed to go out, and then we laid back down. When the alarm went off at 4:30...the radio came on and I heard them start talking about an earthquake and then I knew that was what we had felt.

We certainly don't have many earthquakes here in northern Illinois. There is a known fault and we had a small earthquake a few years ago, but I didn't even feel that one. I would be perfectly happy if we never had another one.

I had to laugh at how many of you knew what a Gentle Leader was yesterday, and how many of you might give it a try. I wouldn't hesitate if I were you. It makes walking those dogs such a joy.

Have a fantastic day today and please don't forget to do something nice for yourself. Go for a little walk....it's good for your bones! :)

9 comments:

LiPeony said...

wow... earthquake.. never would've thought... glad everything was fine afterward... and computers .. I just brought myself a new laptop and ti works like a dream ... here's hoping you can get yours fixed in no time =)

Cathryn said...

After living through several earthquakes, I always seem to feel the earth go through a shimmy-shake.

Going to walk today--we finally have enough snow melted that Mrs. C and I can do some walking!

Have a great day Kathy!

Angela said...

I am glad it was just a small one! I would have been scared to death!

Anonymous said...

What's so weird is that my sons were just the other day asking me what earthquakes were like--and I assured them they weren't likely to find out living in Wisconsin!

The Muse said...

praise be that SMALL and EARTHQUAKE can be used in same sentence...followed by, yes, you are ok!

Mary Richmond said...

whoa! that will shake you up a bit ;-)

hope the computer works out

Lanyardlady said...

We've had a couple of tremors here...just enough to know we don't ever want to feel anything stronger. good luck with your advanced technology issue.

Beth Anderson said...

Yes, let's hope that is your one and only experience with an earthquake!
TGIF tomorrow!

Amy said...

I didn't feel the earthquake at all- I must have been out cold! All my coworker's felt it, though!

And, yes, my new house is in Woodstock- it's about 30 seconds from the square! That means it's also only 30 seconds from work. Yay!

Blog Archive