Saturday, April 18, 2009

Productive Day for Me

I apologize, but this is going to be a short post. I am exhausted! Irv and I headed out this morning to give blood. We try to do that regularly, but it never seems to work out that way. I am O negative, plus I have never been exposed to some kind of common virus, so my blood is "extra extra special" so they tell me. I decided today to make our next appointment right now and maybe that way they won't have to call us 100 times to ask us to come in. :)

Next we headed out to Michael's Craft Store and Joanne Fabrics. I bought some bare wood picture frames that I will paint and add paper to, and some fabric to finish up some pillows. Next we visited three resale shops where I hit the jackpot with plates for cake stands, and little miscellaneous cups and containers that will be turned into pin cushions.

I got photos to kittilili who is designing my new business cards. I decided on this leaf photo for the FourDogDay side with the phrase..."Visual Poetry...photographs and note cards." Part of that phrase was suggested by Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat . Then for MyOtherShop, I'm going to use my hip black and white coasters for the photo with the phrase..."Accessories for the home...eclectic, whimsical and functional. Part of that one came from Pickles on Pizza. So, thank you everyone for the great suggestions. I can't wait to see what the cards will look like. I'll share them with you as soon as we have the final design!

The rest of the day was spent sealing coasters, photographing coasters, painting picture frames and finishing up some odds and ends so I can get them out of my workspace. I got so much done, but my back and head are telling me it's time to close up shop for the night. So have an awesome evening...pizza is on it's way!

3 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Good ideas for the cards. Can't wait to see them.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Like what you picked for you cards..Sounds like you deserve to relax the rest of the evening. I spent all day in my shop too and am just about to call it a day or maybe I should say night :) Have a good one...

Angela said...

I love it when I hit the jackpot at a resale shop or estate sale!

I can't wait to see the double sided cards!

I have an irrational fear of hospitals/needles/doctors. So, I am not a blood donor. I'm glad there are more people like you than me :)

Blog Archive