Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Trying To Smile

Well, Irv took my car in for an oil change this weekend. The guy there said my transmission was leaking. Irv took the car to our mechanic and he said it looked like it and to go to battle with Toyota. We are 2500 miles over our warranty. The car is leased and the lease in done in 3 months. He called Toyota and they said to bring it in...that the transmission would be under the 5 year warranty. Okay, so that was good news.

Toyota called today though and said it isn't the trans that's leaking, it's the power steering and now whatever I need will run $900. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? The guy told Irv he will talk to the boss when he comes in tomorrow and let us now what they can do for us.

What they can do is fix the darn thing for FREE! I am not spending $900 to repair something that shouldn't be breaking at 38,000 miles! UGH! Anyway, I am trying to be calm and wait to see what the guy says tomorrow. Then if it isn't the news we want to hear....Irv will be calling someone else at Toyota.

Then just as I am about to walk out the door at work, the place that I ordered my canopy for the craft show from calls. Sorry, the canopy you want is out of stock and we won't have them in until June! JUNE???? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? The show is May 17th. They would be happy to sell me this other one that is actually a better canopy than the one I ordered for less money. Oh, really?? I went home and looked at it online. NOPE...it isn't better. I want the other one.

So, I found it somewhere else and ordered it. It says it's in stock, but I won't have it until the end of April or the beginning of May. That was not my plan. I wanted it early so we could practice setting it up and I could see if my lay out works. I am NOT happy, but I really am trying to be calm. Getting hysterical really won't fix my car or get me my canopy any sooner, so I'll deal with whatever happens.

It was a less than wonderful afternoon. Now I am about to start making the zillion pillows I cut out last night. Here is a sneak peek at some of the other ones I have finished that I probably won't be listing on etsy. I am really lovin' the pillow thing right now!

Breathe.....stay calm.....happy thoughts....smile.....go make some pillows. :)

9 comments:

aliceinparis said...

Oh dear. Hope things go well tomorrow. Take out your frustrations on those lovely pillows!

Lanyardlady said...

Things will work out, Kathy! You are always the optimist and bring hope and cheer to the rest of us. I'm sending some back your way :)

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Good luck on the battle with Toyota!

I LOVE the fabric on the second pillow...I'm a bit of a leaf freak! ; )

missknits said...

oh my! i sure hope tomorrow is a better day for you! cars are a tough thing! we cant live without them, but sometimes they cause us such grief! hope they can fix it for you!!

Angela said...

I'm sorry! I drive a Toyota too. I bought it because Toyota is supposed to be reliable. My car has been in for a major repair once ($1200) and it caught on fire under our carport once and almost caught our house on fire. Other than that it has been a great car! HA!HA!

I hope everything works out for you.

As for the tent, did you try Ebay?

Kathy said...

I think we have owned 4 Toyotas. We have never had to make any kind of repairs on them at all...that's why we have always loved them. they've been great. That's why I can't believe this one needs something major like that when it only has 38,000 miles on it. I'll let you know what they say tomorrow.

Cathy Winsby said...

I feel for you....I'm not too happy with Ford right now!!

My Inspired Reality said...

I own a Toyota too. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they fix it for you at no cost Kathy:):) All will be well:)

AMIdesigns said...

oh I hope things work out ok. I got a puncture today and of course it wasn't one of the tyres that needed renewing. so tomorrow it's off to the garage for 3 new tyres

Blog Archive