Thursday, April 23, 2009

Waiting on My New Business Cards

There were so many great thoughts on my Cleansing post from yesterday. Be sure to go back and check out Matt's comment. He had some interesting things to say.

Well, I ordered my new business cards. I am so excited that I will finally have a card I will be proud to hand out. I hope they turn out good. My original card, like I said before was just one of Vista Prints designs. It was cute, but had nothing to do with me or my shop at that time.

I had this card designed by kittylili and she did an awesome job. It will be a two-sided, glossy, round corner card. One side for FourDogDay and the other side for MyOtherShop. I love the photo I chose for FourDogDay. It's one of my favorites and I think it was perfect for this style of card. MyOtherShop was a little harder. I make so many different things that it was hard to decide what to use, but on the other hand...everything I make didn't work well for the card. I ended up with my black and white coasters. They should print well and they worked with the style of the card. I would have loved to use a pillow, but photographing that so people could tell what it was seemed a bit difficult.

I am working really hard to get things done for the show. May 17th doesn't sound very far off to me when I look at my overflowing work table. I am concerned that I won't get it all done. I know I will only sell a small fraction of what I take, but I also know that the more I have, the more to pick from and the better odds of people finding something to their liking....so I continue to create each and every day.

I am applying for a two day show in October. It's at the brand new Lake County Fair Grounds so that could be nice. I've heard good things about the show. Not sure about the two day thing, but we'll give it a try. It's also juried, so we'll see if I get in. I'll try to send my application this weekend.

Well, that's it for today friends. I have so much to get done tonight.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome new business card! Love it! I'm just a newbie to selling my art and have hundreds of business cards sitting around because I can't decide which I like best!
And cleansing! Never heard of it before? Wasn't that what Bill Cosby used to do on The Cosby Show with his grapefruit diet?

aliceinparis said...

Terrific new cards!

Angela said...

I love the new cards!! I like how one side is vertical and the other is horizontal. I know you are getting excited about the craft show.

LiPeony said...

Your cards look great! I like how the black parts looks like a screen over the middle. Good luck with the craft fair! =D

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Love the new business card!

Chiming in on the cleanse....I am a fan of a book on weight loss by Dr. Berg, which sort of includes a cleanse....but like Tameka's, this one's with food. You drink a combination of unsweetened cranberry juice, lemon juice & apple cider vinegar (its not as bad as it sounds!) before every meal for two weeks. Meals are mostly raw vegetables, with one egg if you need the protein (I do) and high-fiber carbs. Everything is organic, or at least as much as you can afford. : P

I'm gearing up to another round of doing this because my weight loss (slow & steady wins the race) has stopped.

I've lost two dress sizes....not overly focused on weight per se, because I'm also exercising and building muscle!

Lanyardlady said...

Congratulations on the new business cards. Very professional looking, as well as creative.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Those will be great to have! I hope they will bring you good business.

I'm thinking of having ones made up with my blog name and URL. With my blog's long and funny name I need them...lol

MamaCta! said...

Those are really cute cards! Makes me want to get moving and order some.

Blog Archive