Friday, June 19, 2009

Counting Down

Well THE LIST is on the kitchen table. Since you already know I am a majorly obsessive list making, post-it note kind of girl...you are probably asking, "Which list is that Kathy?"

It's the one that will help me to remember everything I need to buy and then pack for vacation! The countdown has truly begun. Actually, it started the day we decided to go, but the serious counting down is here. We will leave around 5:00 a.m. on the 27th. We have our house and pet sitters all lined up and I have that really nervous excited feeling I get before vacation.

Ouray Hot Springs and Pools
We plan to pack lots of snacks and water in the cooler, plus some basics for when we get there. Telluride is a resort town and everything is very expensive. I'll buy what I can here and take it along.

Silverton Mine TourI don't get rattled about stuff like this...in fact, I don't get rattled about much of anything, but we leave Saturday and I work full time, so I need to get some things done this weekend. Hence....THE LIST.

Bridal Veil Falls outside of TellurideIf you recall, a teacher friend of Matt's has offered us their home while we are there since they will be on vacation. So nice of them. Matt went there this week so they could fill him in on anything we might need to know. They told us to feel free to use the grill and the hot tub if we like. Matt said the view from the porch is amazing and the 20 minute ride to the house is gorgeous.

Black Canyon of Gunnison
The drive to Telluride is normally about 22 hours...longer for us. Irv has a very bad hip and he will need to get out and stretch quite often. If we make good time, we are going to take a little trip up to Loveland to just look around a bit. It seems I want to retire there, even though I've never been there. I've heard good things about it and it looks and sounds like our kind of town. We shall see.

Moab, Utah
Our agenda remains the same once we get there: Moab, Utah for kayaking, Black Canyon of Gunnison for sightseeing, Ouray for hot springs, Silverton for a mine tour, Telluride area for some very beginner rock climbing and to see Bridal Veil Falls as well as some horseback riding, and downtown Telluride for a parade and picnic on the 4th. Then we will be headed home.

Riding With Roudy
Matt and I were texting the other night about my rock climbing adventure. He said that the rock is only about 20 feet high. I asked him if I can climb barefoot because I thought I would feel better barefoot and he said, "No hippie, I'll get you some climbing shoes!"

I always feel better barefoot. Oh well, it was just a thought!

4 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

you will have so much fun, and just the thought of looking at a place to retire is exciting.

Moose said...

If you make it up to Loveland, stop by to visit us!! We are in Fort Collins and my mom actually works for a Colorado State Park in Loveland!!
Tail Wags to All and Safe Travels.
~Moose

Angela said...

I am excited for you! The pictures are beautiful...can't wait to see your photos when you get back. I have to agree though- you need shoes.

aliceinparis said...

I've been busy and just now am popping over to visit:)
Your vacation sounds thrilling to me.What a wonderful array of events you have lined up and seeing your son is the icing on the cake!
I want to visit Colorado one day.

Blog Archive