Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Introducing......

a few of my new tote bags!!! Tah Dah!!! Pardon the pictures. I just hung them wherever I could snap a picture of them and they need their final pressing. For the show, I will stuff some tissue in them so they display nicely.

I love fabric. I love the colors and the patterns. At times I struggle with certain aspects of sewing, but I am learning. I never took a sewing class, so I sometimes have to work really hard to perfect things that other people probably breeze right through. I had trouble with a couple of spots on two of the totes and I was ready to throw them in the garbage, but I stuck with it and finally got them to where I am comfortable taking them to the craft show.

I don't think I am going to put these in my etsy shop. I really want them for the show and I'm not sure how many I will be able to get done. I still have more aprons to make too!

The first one I made is a little zebra print with webbing straps. This one would be perfect for carrying my "junk" to work every day or for a trip to the grocery store. I'm working on another one like this one in an amazing green paisley print! I know I am going to want to keep that one, but that it against the rules.

This brown one is one of my favorite fabrics and this bag gave me such a hard time. It's huge and would be awesome for a trip to the beach or as an overnight bag. Although I do know people that carry around bags this size everyday.....I don't. I am a small bag or a no bag kind of girl.

The last one is so darn cute. I made a couple of pillows out of this fabric and loved it. It's a tan and maroon floral with wooden dowels for handles! I really like this bag a lot.

I was looking through a magazine last night and found some pillows that are just the most fabulous things. I am already gathering what I need to make some of those before the show.....maybe I should take a leave of absence from my full time job so I can get all of this stuff done for the show. Think they would go for that? HA!

8 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! These are all so cute..you will sell every one. I bet if you made some in college colors people would buy them for carrying tailgate stuff!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Those bags are great! I'm a big tote/reusable bag person and I'd carry those in a minute :-)
Great job!

Malamoose said...

These bags are great! I especially love that last one with the wooden handles. Best of luck at the show!

Angela said...

Kathy! WOW! Those bags are great! I love the one with the wooden handle and the one right above it. You did a great job and you are going to make a killing off of them at your show!

Joyce said...

Beautiful totes! These would be perfect for the farmer's market and many other uses. xoxo

Unknown said...

Those are such pretty bags! You're very talented!

Nancy

Kathy said...

You are all so kind. Thanks for all of the nice comments. I plan to make as many as I can get done for the shows, and we will see how they do. Thanks again!

aliceinparis said...

I am sure these will do well, they look FAB!

Blog Archive