Saturday, March 28, 2009

Happy Weekend!

Mother Nature is really ticked off at us tonight! Right now we are getting battered with high winds and sleet mixed with snow. It just started a little while ago and our yard is covered. My car is caked with ice. We were supposed to go out for dinner at this really nice restaurant we had a gift card for, and we had to cancel. Wonder what we did to deserve this! UGH!

Look what I bought today! Fabric! I am so excited. I am going to start making pillows for MyOtherShop. I haven't made pillows for a while and I thought I would buy a pattern that had a few different styles...until I looked at the price! Are you kidding me? When did patterns start costing $16.00?? I almost fell on the floor at Joanne's!

Needless to say, I didn't buy the pattern. I just took a good look at a couple that I want to try...and I will figure it out myself. It can't be that difficult. I am just going to make a 16" square pillow with the brown/tan print. I've already started it. I'll use the solid brown for the back. I love the print.

The yellow I will do something really cool with if I can figure it out. It will have a little rectangular pillow made out of the solid yellow that will slide into a loosely fitting sleeve made with the seersucker that ties on the sides. Hard to explain, but I should have it done this week. I'll let you know when I list it so you can take a peek. It felt so good to sew today.

Well, time to list a card in FourDogDay and a light switch cover plate in MyOtherShop. Then tomorrow it's coasters and maybe my first pillow.

Just a reminder that I have a book to give away to someone that would like to read it. It's a quick read and an enjoyable story. Read this morning's post for details. I will pick the winner tomorrow.

Have a nice evening everyone!

3 comments:

Lanyardlady said...

Weather is crazy down South, too, but at least no snow or ice. I love the fabric. Brown and tan are two of my favorite colors. I can't wait to see the pillows. Made a brown and tan owl lanyard today and it sold quickly.

Baroness Bijoutery said...

Beautiful fabrics..I love the tan print and it will be great with the brown. Looking forward to see the finished pillow.

Catherine said...

Very nice fabric, the tan print is my favorite. Can`t wait to see your pillows. Our weather has changed too, cold and windy. I thought we were finished with heating the house. No snow, yipee!

Blog Archive