Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Brain Is Fried...

and I never did drugs!

When I was leaving work yesterday, I grabbed my cell phone off my desk. I flipped the phone over and on the back were two little baby post-it notes. I live by post-its. Without them I would be non-functioning.

One of the notes was to remind me to get my application in for that juried craft show. The other note just had the letters Deter on it. I looked at the note and thought....WTF does that mean? Deter as in determination, as in determined? Why would I write something like that? I had no clue what it meant or what it was suppose to remind me of. I had to have written the note at some point during the past 7.5 hours at work. Was it a secret code? Did I mean to write something else, but heard someone talking, got distracted, and wrote Deter?

I hate it when I can't remember stuff! Does that ever happen to you? What do you do to help yourself remember things?

I decided I just must have meant to write something else and tried to move past it. When I got home I stuck the Deter post-it on the kitchen table. I noticed it a couple of times during the evening....still nothing. Good Lord!

This morning Wrigley and I went for our walk. I was thinking about what kind of etsy things I would be working on tonight. Wrigs was walking so nice that I told her what a good girl she was and BAM!!!!!! It hit me!

DETER!!!! I started laughing. Deter is the name of the stuff that we are going to put in Sparky (our other dog's food) to make her poop less appetizing to Wrigley!!!!! HAHA! Yes, Wrigley has Coprophagia!! Big fancy word for poop eater!

I had asked a girl at work about what she used for her poop eater and she said Deter. That was at 1:00 p.m. and at 3:30 p.m. I had no clue what Deter was!! How is that even possible?

I just got home from work and there is another note on my phone today. This one says, "Karen" and I actually remember why I wrote it. It's because my sister Karen's birthday is Thursday and I FORGOT to send her a card!!

9 comments:

My Inspired Reality said...

Ha, ha, I do that all the time. I write something, then can't remember what it was all about:) At least you remembered on the same day. Sometimes, it takes me weeks:) Kathy, I am so enjoying the wedding slide show, its wonderful:)

Unknown said...

that's hilarious! I forget words all the time in the middle of a sentence! But I love that yours went back to poop. I wish all my forgets went back to poop because I'd be laughing all of the time!
Happy day!

Lanyardlady said...

What a great story! I write names and numbers down all the time and promptly forget who or why. Is there something we can put in our food to REMIND???

LiPeony said...

lolol I have post its scribbles in my notebook and paper everywhere to remind me. I was thinking I should get a planner sometime.... =D

Kenna Elizabeth said...

Good Luck with the craft show! I love what you did with the things in the last post! I am not crafty... not so much. I am, however, with you on that "forgetful" thing! My love teases me about it all the time... mainly b/c I'll forget a whole conversation we had the same day. Or worse, sometimes I've even forgotten that he's given me a reminder of something I didn't want to forget! Ack!

Btw, the music on my blog is set to shuffle/random so, unfortunately, I have no way of knowing what came on for your visit. But you can click and scan within the music player in the left column to find it. :D

Cecile/DreamCreateRepeat said...

Oh, this is too funny at so many levels! You are a WAY busy lady, and your mind just has too much stuff going on to remember...

One suggestion, however, you might try to get up to three words per note rather than one! ; )

Creative Coquette said...

LOL, OMGawd!!! I do that all the time!

I tell people I suffer from "some-timers and part-timers" because sometimes I remember and other times I only remember part of it, hee hee.

My name is Zarina, and I am a Post-It-Aholic.

:P

Mary Richmond said...

that is too funny! i love the way you triggered the memory, too ;-)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So funny Kathy! It's the 50+ "our brain is too full" fault.

You are such a good writer, and I love visiting you

Blog Archive