Saturday, September 5, 2009

I Am Autumn

I think most people have a favorite season and mine is Autumn. I love Autumn! Spring is beautiful with all of the colorful flowers, but it's so darn wet. Summer is nothing but heat and humidity...don't really like it! The only good thing about winter is how peaceful it is.

Just give me 365 days of Autumn and I would be one happy little lady!

Fall is in The Air
The Autumn temperatures are near perfect, the humidity is low, the rain comes and goes, there is a solemn "winding down" feeling for plants, animals and people as we all prepare for the winter months.

Autumn is just....well...it's me! I think Autumn also matches my personality.

Sunny Aspens
Spring shouts, "Look at me, look at me"!
Summer is REALLY intense.
Winter is quiet and still.

None of those are me.

Autumn is ever changing. It accepts what "is" as what "should be". It knows each day is a gift and it accepts each as such. It's colors don't need to shout...you feel them in your soul.

Raindrops
"Hi, I'm Autumn. Nice to meet you!"

If you were a season...which one would you be and why?

(The photos are all available in our etsy shop, Four Dog Day. Click on the picture for information)

9 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I'm definitely an Autumn person.

Anonymous said...

With out a doubt, I too am Fall. I know Spring is rebirth, but I am forever imprinted by the classical school of my youth. Fall is renewal and the beginning. As a teacher, I still feel Fall is the time to renew and recharge, to begin again. I love this time of year.

Tins and Treasures said...

Hmmm...very interesting...
While I love the weather and colors of autumn...I don't like how I feel...stress, stress, stress. I guess I need to hang around Joan, as she sees it as a 'time to begin again'!!

I love all the distinct differences in all the seasons that we experience here in the Dakotats...Happy Weekend ~Natalie

Joanna Jenkins said...

365 days of autumn is my kind of place! I would love to live there.
Have a great weekend.
xo

Angela said...

I am Autumn as well. I even have an October birthday.

Life Potentials Network said...

I also love the fall. It's always been my favorite season, when I feel energized and upbeat. I just wish it would last longer! Your idea for a 365 day long autumn is a great idea!

Baroness Bijoutery said...

I'm with you 365 days of Autumn would be great...Love all the colors...And I don't have to wear a heavy coat just maybe a sweater or light weight jacket...

Schaufensterbabe said...

I'm definitely not winter and also not summer. I guess I'm probably spring. I also do love autumn, though only since I've lived in Berlin. Such beautiful light and colorful leaves! It's not a season we really have in California or Arizona...

whyte said...

I love Autumn and miss the crisp days and leaves changing. FL is not 4 seasons. It's hot and then it is cool, with a few days of cold sprinkled in. We always try to get back to IL or NC in October.

Blog Archive